An overview of the programme, the next-generation AI-platforms used to deliver it, and an introduction to your international cohort members.
An introduction to the criticality of data in financial services, and how AI is unlocking new products, services and innovation in the financial services industry:
- Differentiate between ML and AI use in banking, and how both can be used to solve consumer challenges
- Understand how AI complements human intelligence and how can this be used to solve specific business problems
- Learn why data-based decision making impacts end consumers and transforms industries
- Understanding the ethical challenges that arise from AI and ML
Understanding Open Banking, why it emerged and what happens to the data being opened by it, including:
- How Open Banking is creating competition for the incumbents by unbundling the financial services that banks offer, and the opportunities being created
- Thinking through the challenges and the regulations, considering views from different markets and how Open Banking has been regulated
- Evaluating what opportunities and challenges have arisen, and what impacts have been made on the industry
A practical and tangible look at the current state of the use of AI in banks and new market entrants, including analysis of:
- Views from incumbent banks with a realistic view of how they are making use of AI, their challenges and successes, potential for services enhancement, and how they can transform themselves through AI
- Views from new fintech entrants, the opportunities they are presenting, and the challenges that they are facing
The rise of big tech platforms as key market players in finance:
- Who are the platforms - Amazon, Google, Apple, etc. - and how are they disrupting the financial sector with data?
- How will regulations and Open Banking impact platforms?
- What should businesses be thinking about and doing in the face of possible disruption by the platforms?
Examining the ethical issues surrounding data, including discrimination, privacy and competition:
- How can discrimination and privacy issues be avoided in data usage?
- What are the current related legal challenges and how are they dealt with around the world?
- Compare the ethics of competition between small and large companies
Look ahead to the future of open data and Open Banking and examining what it means for the finance industry:
- What opportunities and challenges does it create?
- Understanding the evolving nature of AI and how to create feasible strategies
- Evaluate trend predictions for both the private and public sector
- Synthesise your six-week learning journey with presentation of an experiential learning “capstone project”